A few days after the security breach incident of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the leader of the Samajwadi party, Akhilesh Yadav, denounced the Union government led by the Bharatiya Janata party for having withdrawn the “Z” category from several political leaders. In addition, he said, when it comes to contesting the UP elections, it is up to the SP to decide its constituency.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Saturday announced the dates for parliamentary elections in five states – Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab and Manipur. The first date for issuance of the notification will begin on January 14 in Uttar Pradesh. The voting date for the first phase in the state is February 10.
Training his guns at the Center, Yadav, at the ‘News18 Agenda UP’ event, asked, “The security of the PM is security, but they have suppressed the security of many others. Why? Isn’t their safety important? “
At the event, Yadav deliberated on a range of issues, including the upcoming Uttar Pradesh assembly elections and the farmers’ protest, while revealing that it is up to the Samajwadi party to decide where it will show up in state polls.
Here are the best quotes:
– When asked if the SP was ready to answer questions, Yadav said: “The ruling party and the government should always be ready to answer questions”
– Regarding the security breach incident, he said, “The Prime Minister should have at least gone there and seen empty seats and realized the pain and the struggle of the farmers.”
– ‘Farmers will ask the BJP government questions about doubling their income as they promised in the last UP Assembly polls’.
– ‘The SP brought together people of all colors. All colors will celebrate this Holi. ‘
– ‘The SP government had distributed thousands of laptops to young people. It seems that with CM, his deputy CM also does not know how to use laptops.
– ‘Now they (the UP government led by Yogi Adityanath) say they will reduce the electricity bill by 50%. So why so far they have not given reduced rates. Most of the power plants were built during the SP government.
– On the metro train policy, Yadav said: “They (the UP government) are working on the projects that the SP had started. They don’t work on new projects.
– ‘This (BJP government led by Yogi Adityanath) has no vision.’
– “The maximum number of notices of violence against human rights has been served on the government of Adityanath”.
– ‘The BJP does not give a ticket to our Baba CM (Yogi Adityanath).’
– ‘Before going to sleep I do my revision. I sleep happy. But I bet our Baba CM is not sleeping well. On our CM itself, there was a case of a riot. This government operates on a “Thokoraj”.
– On the fight against the elections, he declared: “Whichever party decides. The decision will be made by the party.
– “I have taken a dip in the Ganges during Kumbh on several occasions, but I am not doing all of this for the camera.”
Read all the latest news, breaking news and news on the coronavirus here.