The Professional Division of Spherion Mid-Ohio is in partnership with a large organization located in Mansfield, Ohio who is looking for a Human Resources and Security Coordinator! Do you have two years of experience in HR and/or security? If so, this might be the perfect career opportunity for you! This role offers a full-time schedule and compensation is based on experience, up to $25/hour.
** This is a direct hire opportunity, never go through a temporary hiring process; If you are selected, you are an employee of this organization from day one! **
Summary of work
The Human Resources and Safety Coordinator position coordinates human resources and safety activities by facilitating company policies and training while adhering to OSHA and company standards. The HR and Security Coordinator will keep informed and oversee the implementation of current HR and Security compliance requirements, trends and best practices. The HR and Security Coordinator reports directly to the property.
This role administers employee health and wellness plans and acts as a liaison between employees and the insurance broker. This position resolves benefits issues and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resources and Safety Coordinator ensures that plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are adhered to.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Administers health and wellness plans, including enrollments, modifications and terminations. Process
documents required via payroll and insurance provider websites to ensure accurate record keeping
and appropriate deductions.
• Maintains annual Section 125 filings and submits necessary information via the WageWorks website.
• Coordinates and oversees the full employee life cycle, including but not limited to recruitment,
onboarding, development, retention, discipline and termination activities as required, ensuring that
completion of required documents.
• Maintains personnel files, documentation and data (employee files, personal information,
descriptions, leave, L-9, etc.) in the storage of paper and electronic documents.
• Processes pre-employment checks such as background checks, drug and motor vehicle screenings
relationships by working with suppliers.
• Performs exit interviews and processes applicable COBRA documents.
• Help provide research for current policies, training, strategic planning and other human resources
• Manage employee HR concerns and conflict resolution.
• Collaborate with accounting department on benefit changes impacting payroll, PTO accumulation/use, etc.
• Maintain and update employee handbooks, drug-free workplaces, and health and safety policies.
• Plan, organize and manage health and safety activities, advise management on safety-related matters and
• Monthly site safety visits and regular site workshop safety visits, performing inspections
and ensuring health and safety compliance.
• Monitor employee training to ensure that training requirements and certifications do not expire.
• Conduct accident/incident investigations and follow up as required, including after the accident
drug and alcohol testing.
• Document (in JJ Keller Safety Management Tool software) and maintain work-related records
accidents; and prepares & submits reports required by BWC and OSHA.
• Partner with BWC, TPA and Broker to review and manage work-related accidents as needed
basis, as well as to meet quarterly to review complaints.
• Resolve security issues &; employee concerns.
• Coordinates annual employee and supervisor drug-free workplace and quarterly safety training
• Attend monthly meetings of the Richland County Safety Council.
• Plan corporate events and coordinate participation in community events.
• Push toolbox discussions and safety checklists through a field application.
• Cross-train in other areas to provide relief as needed.
• Proven experience as a Human Resources Coordinator or relevant Human Resources/Administrative position. Experience in developing and implementing corporate security policy.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and passion for customer support and service; and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite or related software; knowledge and/or experience of the JJ Keller security management tool is a plus.
• Attention to detail, able to work independently.
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Education and experience
• High school diploma required; an associate’s degree and/or a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• At least two years of HR and/or security experience required.
• Preferred SHRM-CP title.
Does this sound like the opportunity you were looking for? If so, apply or send your resume to Jessica Johnson at JJohnson@spherionohio.com today!