The Campbell County Public Library’s Book Care Package service is getting a refresh – adults can now request packages for all their research and entertainment needs.
The service allows patrons of all ages to request up to 10 books and audio materials hand-picked by library staff to suit patron tastes and preferences. Applications should be made one week in advance at any CCPL branch or online at www.cc-pl.org.
The library’s updated submission form includes questions about interests, gender preferences and more. Once ready, customers will be notified that the package can be picked up at the branch of their choice. The forms are divided into five age groups: young people, primary, middle school, high school and adults.
If customers wish to request packages for multiple ages, they must submit a form for each age group interested.
Book Care package ideas include:
• Family read-a-thon: Gather the family, fill out forms according to ages, and get ready to read all day. Set a goal for the number of pages or time spent reading, then celebrate when everyone crosses the finish line.
• Class project: Book Care packages are the perfect way to prepare for an upcoming class assignment. Whatever the subject, the library is sure to have materials in its collection to help you ace that presentation, exam, or creative project.
• Getting out of a reading rut: For those who can’t get out of a reading rut, let the library help you find your next favorite series or author.
• Preparation for the holidays: Make sure you have plenty of books to read on your next vacation so you don’t arrive at the beach, the cabin or the big city empty-handed.
• Organize a story hour at home: Have fun, create memories and encourage literacy skills by requesting a package for an at-home story hour.
For more information, visit www.cc-pl.org/book-care-packages.
Campbell County Public Library